All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
Pick up your tickets at Will Call the day of the event at the box office. If you are the owner of the PayPal account, then bring the receipt or your ID and we will provide you with your tickets.
SHFF Film Entry
Call for Entries is now open!
SHFF Film Challenge
Become part of of Sacramento Horror Film Festival history.
Read news articles, testimonials and more from ticketholders, filmmakers and other friends of the Sac Horror Film Fest.
2014 SACRAMENTO HORROR FILM FESTIVAL FILMMAKER CHALLENGE
Make a horror film. Win $250. The Horror Filmmaker Challenge... RETURNS!
GENERAL ADMISSION PRE-SALE SPECIAL: $10
Ticket price increases to $15 on June 27th!
The Sacramento Horror Film Festival lives and breathes the mantra of LOVE HORROR. Witness an evening of short films from over the last 7 years that YOU the audience have told us you absolutely loved and have demanded that these films grace the silver screen of The Colonial Theatre once more!
See! Blood soaked celluloid!
See! Blood soaked burlesque!
See! Side show freaks!
See! A sneak preview of the 8th Annual SHFF!
See! Our inaugural horror host challenge!
SEE! The 2014 Sacramento Horror Film Festival Horror Filmmaker Challenge "Slasher Vs. Zombie"
Films: TBA! Keep checking back!
Witness budding horrors host compete for the prize of becoming one of the newest hosts of the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival!
Do YOU love horror?
When: FRIDAY, June 27th, 2014. 9PM
Where: Historic Colonial Theatre, Sacramento, CA.
Why: For the LOVE of -original- HORROR!
Sponsored by Callson Manor & Metropolis Comix
SACRAMENTO! AMBER'S SWEETS AND THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW RETURNS THIS SUMMER!
THE PLATINUM PASS (limited quantity): $60
Includes 9 PM early access, photo with select members of our cast on our stage, cast autographed poster, a backstage tour, and a prop kit.
VIP PASS: $26
Includes 9:45 PM early access, small poster, and a prop kit.
GENERAL ADMISSION: $15
Access at 10 PM. Show begins at 10:15 PM.
ON STAGE! ON SCREEN! Do the time warp with us again! Saturday, June 28th, 2014, 10 PM at the Historic Colonial Theatre located at 3522 Stockton Blvd in Sacramento, CA.
We have improved our ticketing system. We will have a will call booth which will be separate from the box office the weekend of the show for you to use to pick up your pre-sale tickets. We will have volunteer staff that will be available outside of the venue to guide you to your proper line (platinum pass, vip, and general admission). Tickets will not be mailed. Pick up your tickets the weekend of the show at the will call booth located directly next to the box office. Thank you!
No more standing in line with those who didn't plan ahead! This show is all ages however parental discretion is advised! As always, costumes are STRONGLY encouraged!
NEW...Rice, Water, and Newspaper are banned from this show! Do not bring it in! If you do you will be asked to leave our awesome show! Don't leave our awesome show!
Doors Open at 9 for Back Stage Pass ticket holders.
Doors Open at 9:30 PM for VIP ticket holders.
Doors Open at 10:00 PM for general admission.
The Show begins at 10:15 PM!
Amber's Sweets ROCKY HORROR
Saturday, June 28th, 2014
Historic Colonial Theatre, Sacramento
3522 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA
Tickets on sale SOON!
TROLL 2: THE SHADOW CAST!
That's right. We are crazy enough to do this: Troll 2. The Shadow Cast! We are casting for a variety of roles for a June "One Night Only" performance. Many of the original film cast is expected to attend.
You must be at least 18 years of age to participate. No experience is necessary (but if you are a ham it helps!). Join us... Email Tim@SacHorrorFilmFest.com for details. This is a shadow cast event.
Are You Addicted to Fear?
Do you love horror? Are you curious how the genre effects the mind? Read our latest article... Horror Films and the Mind – Are You Addicted to Fear?
Movie Maker Magazine lists the SACRAMENTO HORROR FILM FESTIVAL as one of "THE COOLEST FESTIVALS IN THE WORLD" for 2013!
Read the article here, and thank you to everyone who voted and has supported the Sacramento Horror Film Festival over the last 7 years!
NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR 2014!
(Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.)
2014 Festival Dates: October 10th - 12th
Historic Colonial Theatre.
THANK YOU! Thank you to every filmmaker, performer, sponsor, Indiegogo supporter, media affiliate, staff, tech crew, our hosts, our Zombie Beauty Pageant Judges, and most importantly YOU the horror film fan for your help in making 2013 the best festival to date!
MEET YOUR HOSTS FOR THE 2013 SACRAMENTO HORROR FILM FESTIVAL!
All tickets will be held at will call during the weekend of the event. Tickets will not be mailed. Bring your paypal receipt, your I.D., to the box office during the weekend of the show to receive your tickets. There are no refunds or exchanges. If you have any questions please email the festival director Tim@SacHorrorFilmFest.com
BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON
The 7th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival is proud to present a very special screening of the 2006 cult hit BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON.
A very special appearance by our guest of honor for the evening, star of BEHIND THE MASK... NATHAN BAESEL!
Event day and Time TBD.
Friday, October 11th, 2013
Operation Thriller MJ: A Very Special Michael Jackson Zombie Tribute
5:30PM Shorts & Feature Program 1
The Horror 4 min.
- Music Video
- Directed by Stephanie Delazeri
Out There 17 min.
- A man wakes up dazed and confused in isolated woodland and tries to piece together what has happened. He and his young fiancee Jane, find themselves fighting for survival, as all is not well in the clam tranquil countryside.
- Directed by Randal Plunkett
Lonely Hearts 11 min.
- Serial killer Henrik may have found a kindred spirit. But the course of true crime never did run smooth.
- Directed by Leon Chambers
An American Terror 84 min.
- Josh and his friends plan to take revenge on their bullies and the entire school by staging a massacre at the homecoming dance. Searching for weapons, they find a man who perpetuates a far more murderous darkness than even their plot might suggest.
- Directed by Haylar Garcia
8:30 PM Opening Night
Performance by The Shadow Circus Creature Theatre with special guest Jay Siren.
7th Annual Zombie Beauty Pageant
- Hosted by Robert Berry & Bloody Bethy
- Prizes sponsored by Metropolis Comix. Char Hall & Sideshow Studios. Bird On A Wire Framing. Dead Regal. Jessica White & Reclamare Tattoo Gallery. Trash Film Orgy. Miss Martha's Corset Shoppe. Cinema Insomnia. Hot Zombie Chicks. Miss Misery. Scary-Art.com. Callson Manor Haunted House. Rain's Embellishments. Apprehensive Films. From the Land Beyond. Jared Konopitski. Paul Allen. Gianluca Mattia.
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 92 min.
- The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them.
- Directed by Scott Glosserman
- Guest of Honor: Actor Nathan Baesel. In attendance for Q&A.
Saturday, October 12th, 2013
2:00 PM Shorts & Feature Program 2
The Guest 5 min.
- In this existential thriller, a man must face his own demons as a consequence of a mysterious bargain he has made.
- Directed by Jovanka Vuckovic
Pieces of Talent 93 min.
- David and Charlotte form a quick friendship that leads to Charlotte landing the starring role in David’s newest project. David quickly becomes obsessed with Charlotte and begins building his bloody masterpiece by killing members of the community. He films each encounter with the ultimate goal of filming Charlotte as his final installment. David is a happily obsessed individual willing to do whatever it takes to make “true art”. He utilizes his charm and skills to make something dark and deranged seem utterly beautiful and loving.
- Directed by Joe Stauffer
4:00 PM Shorts Program 1
Candy Hearts 15 min.
- Clay Animation. Children live in terror in the Village of Krauss, when Conrad, the old cand man, becomes obsessed.
- Directed by Joan Martin
- Kathy is a mature, professional woman who still sleeps with her cuddly teddy bear Vincent. One night, when a burglar invades, Kathy's home comes alive with magical surprises. To his horror, the intruder learns that not everything is as it seems and Vincent may not be so cuddly after all.
- Directed by Ryan Denmark
One Last Kiss 15min.
- A tragic use of poor judgement ultimately proves that true love...never dies.
- Directed by Anthony Mezza
Torturous 6 min.
- Torturous chronicles an encounter between an employment counsellor and a professional torture artist, blending gore, humour and irony into a deft cinematic mix.
- Directed by Angus Swantee
Breakaway 18 min.
- To feel safe and let love into her life, a damaged young woman must overcome the terror inflicted by her abusive father.
- Directed by Ivan Bukta
CZ-918 20 min.
- 'Maybe we should let the zombies inside the house.'
- Directed by Mel Crow
She's Having a Baby 15 min.
- Jenny wants a baby, and she will go to any lengths to get one...
- Directed by Robert Smellin
Survivor Type 32 min.
- A disgraced surgeon stranded on a deserted island with no food and only a handful of supplies must go to great lengths to stay alive for rescue that may never come.
- Directed by Billy Hanson
7:00 PM Shorts Program 2
Special Performance by noted ecdysiast Hunny Bunnah
Territorial 11 min.
- A person makes himself at home for a nice weekend.
- Directed by Santiago C. Tapia & Jessica Curtright
The Summoners 6 min.
- Two high school girls invite a new friend to join their secret game of summoning spirits for the thrill of being possessed.
- Directed by Christian Ackerman
Jinn 12 min
- Jinn is a short film about the theology of spirits from an Islamic Perspective. The film that centers around a newly married couple in modern day suburbia.
- Directed by Mustafa Eshaznada
Luna 12 min.
- A young girl witnesses the murder of her family by a mysterious killer. Now she must try to survive before the killer finds her.
- Directed by Antonio Perez
Girl at the Door 12 min.
- After a night of rough sex with a beautiful woman, a man is surprised when she keeps returning and replaying the events of the night over and over again exactly, word for word.
- Directed by Colin Campbell
- A modern adaptation of the old nursery rhyme of the same name. Most of these old rhymes have dubious or downright disturbing origins. Such as, 'Mary, Mary quite contrary', and her catalog of medieval torture devices. But the origins of JackenJill are a mystery. A mystery waiting to be explored.
- Directed by Frank Forrestall
The Dark 16 min
- A lonely young monster with deadly black eyes encounters a kidnapped and abused young boy whose eyes have been sewn shut.
- Directed by Justin P. Lange
Mirror Lake 18 min
- On a weekend retreat to Mirror Lake, a young couple must come to terms with the repressed feelings straining their relationship. The getaway is meant to recharge their batteries and relieve stress. But secret agendas, hidden resentments, and supernatural forces threaten to combine for catastrophic results.
- Directed by Will Graver
Horizonte 23 min
- The world as we know it has ended. In a desperate attempt to bring the family together, Ana and her mother begin a dangerous journey where they'll face the monsters that now rule the Earth and an even more dangerous one - the one we all carry inside.
- Directed by Aitor Uribarri
Killer Kart 15 min.
- The shopping cart. Four wheels, one basket, and tonight, for the closing crew of a small-town grocery store, a blood-splattered aluminum nightmare.
- Directed by James Feeney
Sunday, October 13th, 2013
12:00 PM - Family Program
PARANORMAN 92 min.
- A small town comes under siege by zombies. Who can it call? Only misunderstood local boy Norman, who is able to speak with the dead. In addition to the zombies, he'll have to take on ghosts, witches and, worst, of all, grown-ups, to save his town from a centuries-old curse. But this young ghoul whisperer may find his paranormal activities pushed to their otherworldly limits.
- Rated PG.
2:00 PM Shorts & Feature Program 3
Plug & Play 20 min
- A man has created a website for humiliated men who want to get revenge of their ex, publishing naked pictures of her. He is Anonyman, but soon, some problems are going to perturb his daily life.
- Directed by Davy Sihali
On Air 96 min.
- A family dad runs the pirate radio 'Nighthawk' from the basement of his house. Every Saturday night he goes 'On Air' as Doc Rock. Unexpectedly a serial killer, the Nightslasher, calls in on his show, and now...Doc has to stop him from killing his next victim. The struggle for survival in ON...AIR!!!
- Directed by Carsten Vauth & Marco J. Riedl
4:30 PM Shorts Program 3
Casting Call 2: Actress Wanted 15 min.
- 6 actresses answers an audition for an horror film not knowing what they are getting into.
- Directed by Gary Lynch
Kiddy Kiddy Bang Bang 10 min.
- Killer twin sisters wage war on a pervert who just attacked their friend.
- Directed by Dick Jane
Muertas De Asco 18 min.
- The story of two sisters who are separated by a tragic accident. After being transformed the only way to find peace will be being reunited. Their father, lost in an surreal imaginary world, will always be waiting for them.
- Directed by Miguel G. Catalan
Night Out 13 min.
- Matt and John have a terrifying night out planned for John's wife, Darla, who is pregnant with another man's child.
- Directed by Calvin Weaver
New 2 Me 5 min.
- Music Video
- Directed by Emma Higgins
Il Filo D'Arianna 16 min.
- A couple's date takes them to the depths of a prohibited tunnel. What could go wrong?
- Directed by Abraham Michael
2 Hours 25 minutes
- A nameless survivor is ambushed and infected with the virus. A beautiful gift to the world.
- Directed by Michael Ballif
7:00 PM Shorts Program 4
Special Aerialist performance by Alia Omran
The Regret 5 min.
- The paranoia and haunting of a girl who thinks her actions led to the suicide of one of her peers.
- Franklin High School Film Challenge Entry. Directed by Sammi Mike & Jorden O'Neal
Lone 5 min.
- A boy who feels bullied by the world wishes that everyone would disappear. When he gets his wish, his inner demons "remind" him of how distasterous that would be.
- Franklin High School Film Challenge Entry. Directed by Joshua Hamilton
Corvus 10 min.
- CORVUS follows a weary yet extraordinary police detective as he pieces together a young woman's murder. The crime reveals itself in a series of moments that allow the detective to see past the facts, and into the story with a strange sense of familiarity.
- Directed by Darcy Van Poelgeest
The Photograph 5 min
- A husband must make a terrible choice when he and his wife stumble upon something horrible.
- Directed by Andrew Blankenship
Game 9 min.
- Three deadly pursuers. One terrified woman. But the rules are about to change.
- Directed by Josh MacDonald
Sweet As Candy 15 min.
- On Halloween Night, Johnny Barker does what most people do, serve pieces of candy to trick-or-treaters. However, as he does so, he reflects on painful memories while cleaning a mysterious mess on his kitchen floor.
- Directed by Cody Cameron
Stop 2 min
- A girl walks into the woods and comes out changed, but for better or for worse?
- Directed by Alanna Sowles
The Tailypo 11 min.
- "Finders keepers, losers weepers" is something Johnny and his friends say after finding a strange object in a wreckage below a bridge, but they will soon find out the consequences for taking something that does not belong to them.
- Directed by Dwight Taylor
Transcendent 35 min.
- Inspired by the visionary writings of horror author H.P. Lovecraft. Following one woman's journey to find her true place in the world; TRANSCENDENT is a different kind of "Homecoming" story.
- Directed by Mars Homeworld
Next Exit 13 min
- A young woman is given a lift home from a wedding by an apparently friendly stranger. But the mood quickly darkens leading her to a destination she could never have imagined
- Directed by Benjamin Goodger
THANK YOU TO OUR INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN SUPPORTERS!
- Marla Masterson
- Tony Windle
- Char Hall
- Side Show Studios
- Bird On A Wire Framing
- Matthew Tuskes
- Brad Clark
- Megan McCormick
- Andrew Blankenship
- Sharon Van Buskirk
- Jonathan Morken
- Matt Brady
- Jessica Friesen
- Tim Chaney
- Andre Garcia
- Sharon Watson
- Julian Ramirez
- Jon Knight
7TH ANNUAL ZOMBIE BEAUTY PAGEANT
"My career was at a dead end. I was falling apart in my life now as an undead beauty I fall apart on stage!"
-Zombie Beauty contestant 2010
Your mind is a blank but you still have so much to offer the world - but how? Each year young women just like you choose to compete in the Zombie Beauty Contest at the Sacramento Horror Film Fest. That's right! Rule the living and join the legion of the undead.
Until there is a cure for the Z Virus, the Sacramento Horror Film Festival has an opportunity that will help bring you closer to achieving your goals. To become Miss Zombie Queen 2014, a contestant must decorate themselves in their best zombie make up, provide themselves with a hot zombie costume, add whatever accessories that you desire, sign up with the Sacramento Horror Film Festival, Be present opening night at the Colonial Theater in Sacramento and, of course, win the Sacramento competition as determined by the panel of judges and the audience. Be sure to bring your creativity, personal commitment, hard work and talent.
Former finalists and winners are invited to compete again. Twelve to Twenty young women participate each year in this event. A diverse and dead-icated assortment of sponsors and volunteers organize this competition, promoting horror community involvement. All you need is commitment, perseverance, talent and ambition.
Your 2013 Zombie Beauty Pageant Special Guest Judges
Wednesday Mourning (Oddities: San Francisco) Nathan Baesel (Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon) Gavin (Wake Up Call, 107.9)
RULES, GUIDELINES, & MORE!
Becoming a Contestant Fast Facts. To compete you must:
- Possess a ticket or pass to the show.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 217.
- Be a citizen of the Undead.
- Arrive between 8pm and 8:30pm.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Sacramento Horror Film Festival.
- Be in reasonably reanimated to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to accept the commitments and responsibilities as described in the prizes and duties for Miss Zombie Queen.
The Night of Competition:
8:00PM - 8:30PM Zombie Contestants arrive 8:00PM - 8:30PM.
8:00PM Doors Open at 8:00PM.
8:00PM - 8:30PM Contestants meet with event hosts (Bloody Bethy & Robert Berry) to undergo evaluation and top zombies will receive a number*.
8:30PM Show begins at 8:30PM.
*Numbered contestants wait to be called to compete on stage. Not everyone who arrives in zombie make up and costume will get to compete.
- Historic Colonial Theatre. 3522 Stockton Blvd. Sac, 95820
- All Ages. $12 or Included with 3 Day Pass.
PRIZES from our sponsors:
Side Show Studios.
Bird on a Wire Framing.
Reclamare Tattoo Gallery.
Miss Martha's Corset Shoppe.
Trash Film Orgy.
Hot Zombie Chicks.
Horror Host Miss Misery.
From the Land Beyond.
Gianluca Mattia. & More!
This event is all ages but parental discretion is highly advised.
After the contest enjoy a screening of the cult hit BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON with film actor NATHAN BAESEL in attendance.
Ala cart tickets for this event will be 12 dollars. This event is included if you purchase a 3 day festival pass. No refunds or exchanges.
Ala Carte tickets are not available online at this time. 3 Day Passes can be purchased here.
Questions? Email Tim@SacHorrorFilmFest.com
SOON TO BE ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR 2014!
Submit today via withoutabox! Or download the PDF entry form!
The Sacramento Horror Film Festival proudly announces its newest sponsor: Metropolis Comix!
Metropolis Comix has been gracious enough to sponsor gift and prize packs for the Sacramento Horror Film Festival and Amber's Sweets events! Please visit and support the best comic book shop in Sacramento! Love Metropolis Comix today! http://metropoliscomix.com