All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
Pick up your tickets at Will Call the day of the event at the box office. If you are the owner of the PayPal account, then bring the receipt or your ID and we will provide you with your tickets.
SHFF Film Entry
Call for Entries is now open!
SHFF Film Challenge
Become part of of Sacramento Horror Film Festival history.
Read news articles, testimonials and more from ticketholders, filmmakers and other friends of the Sac Horror Film Fest.
The 7th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival
October 11-13, 2013
Full Color Program! Click for full size!
Friday, October 11th, 2013
Operation Thriller MJ: A Very Special Michael Jackson Zombie Tribute
5:30PM Shorts & Feature Program 1
The Horror 4 min.
- Music Video
- Directed by Stephanie Delazeri
Out There 17 min.
- A man wakes up dazed and confused in isolated woodland and tries to piece together what has happened. He and his young fiancee Jane, find themselves fighting for survival, as all is not well in the clam tranquil countryside.
- Directed by Randal Plunkett
Lonely Hearts 11 min.
- Serial killer Henrik may have found a kindred spirit. But the course of true crime never did run smooth.
- Directed by Leon Chambers
An American Terror 84 min.
- Josh and his friends plan to take revenge on their bullies and the entire school by staging a massacre at the homecoming dance. Searching for weapons, they find a man who perpetuates a far more murderous darkness than even their plot might suggest.
- Directed by Haylar Garcia
8:30 PM Opening Night
Performance by The Shadow Circus Creature Theatre with special guest Jay Siren.
7th Annual Zombie Beauty Pageant
- Hosted by Robert Berry & Bloody Bethy
- Prizes sponsored by Metropolis Comix. Char Hall & Sideshow Studios. Bird On A Wire Framing. Dead Regal. Jessica White & Reclamare Tattoo Gallery. Trash Film Orgy. Miss Martha's Corset Shoppe. Cinema Insomnia. Hot Zombie Chicks. Miss Misery. Scary-Art.com. Callson Manor Haunted House. Rain's Embellishments. Apprehensive Films. From the Land Beyond. Jared Konopitski. Paul Allen. Gianluca Mattia.
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 92 min.
- The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them.
- Directed by Scott Glosserman
- Guest of Honor: Actor Nathan Baesel. In attendance for Q&A.
Saturday, October 12th, 2013
2:00 PM Shorts & Feature Program 2
The Guest 5 min.
- In this existential thriller, a man must face his own demons as a consequence of a mysterious bargain he has made.
- Directed by Jovanka Vuckovic
Pieces of Talent 93 min.
- David and Charlotte form a quick friendship that leads to Charlotte landing the starring role in David’s newest project. David quickly becomes obsessed with Charlotte and begins building his bloody masterpiece by killing members of the community. He films each encounter with the ultimate goal of filming Charlotte as his final installment. David is a happily obsessed individual willing to do whatever it takes to make “true art”. He utilizes his charm and skills to make something dark and deranged seem utterly beautiful and loving.
- Directed by Joe Stauffer
4:00 PM Shorts Program 1
Candy Hearts 15 min.
- Clay Animation. Children live in terror in the Village of Krauss, when Conrad, the old cand man, becomes obsessed.
- Directed by Joan Martin
- Kathy is a mature, professional woman who still sleeps with her cuddly teddy bear Vincent. One night, when a burglar invades, Kathy's home comes alive with magical surprises. To his horror, the intruder learns that not everything is as it seems and Vincent may not be so cuddly after all.
- Directed by Ryan Denmark
One Last Kiss 15min.
- A tragic use of poor judgement ultimately proves that true love...never dies.
- Directed by Anthony Mezza
Torturous 6 min.
- Torturous chronicles an encounter between an employment counsellor and a professional torture artist, blending gore, humour and irony into a deft cinematic mix.
- Directed by Angus Swantee
Breakaway 18 min.
- To feel safe and let love into her life, a damaged young woman must overcome the terror inflicted by her abusive father.
- Directed by Ivan Bukta
CZ-918 20 min.
- 'Maybe we should let the zombies inside the house.'
- Directed by Mel Crow
She's Having a Baby 15 min.
- Jenny wants a baby, and she will go to any lengths to get one...
- Directed by Robert Smellin
Survivor Type 32 min.
- A disgraced surgeon stranded on a deserted island with no food and only a handful of supplies must go to great lengths to stay alive for rescue that may never come.
- Directed by Billy Hanson
7:00 PM Shorts Program 2
Special Performance by noted ecdysiast Hunny Bunnah
Territorial 11 min.
- A person makes himself at home for a nice weekend.
- Directed by Santiago C. Tapia & Jessica Curtright
The Summoners 6 min.
- Two high school girls invite a new friend to join their secret game of summoning spirits for the thrill of being possessed.
- Directed by Christian Ackerman
Jinn 12 min
- Jinn is a short film about the theology of spirits from an Islamic Perspective. The film that centers around a newly married couple in modern day suburbia.
- Directed by Mustafa Eshaznada
Luna 12 min.
- A young girl witnesses the murder of her family by a mysterious killer. Now she must try to survive before the killer finds her.
- Directed by Antonio Perez
Girl at the Door 12 min.
- After a night of rough sex with a beautiful woman, a man is surprised when she keeps returning and replaying the events of the night over and over again exactly, word for word.
- Directed by Colin Campbell
- A modern adaptation of the old nursery rhyme of the same name. Most of these old rhymes have dubious or downright disturbing origins. Such as, 'Mary, Mary quite contrary', and her catalog of medieval torture devices. But the origins of JackenJill are a mystery. A mystery waiting to be explored.
- Directed by Frank Forrestall
The Dark 16 min
- A lonely young monster with deadly black eyes encounters a kidnapped and abused young boy whose eyes have been sewn shut.
- Directed by Justin P. Lange
Mirror Lake 18 min
- On a weekend retreat to Mirror Lake, a young couple must come to terms with the repressed feelings straining their relationship. The getaway is meant to recharge their batteries and relieve stress. But secret agendas, hidden resentments, and supernatural forces threaten to combine for catastrophic results.
- Directed by Will Graver
Horizonte 23 min
- The world as we know it has ended. In a desperate attempt to bring the family together, Ana and her mother begin a dangerous journey where they'll face the monsters that now rule the Earth and an even more dangerous one - the one we all carry inside.
- Directed by Aitor Uribarri
Killer Kart 15 min.
- The shopping cart. Four wheels, one basket, and tonight, for the closing crew of a small-town grocery store, a blood-splattered aluminum nightmare.
- Directed by James Feeney
10:00 PM Cult Cinema
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
- Amber's Sweets Live!
Sunday, October 13th, 2013
12:00 PM - Family Program
PARANORMAN 92 min.
- A small town comes under siege by zombies. Who can it call? Only misunderstood local boy Norman, who is able to speak with the dead. In addition to the zombies, he'll have to take on ghosts, witches and, worst, of all, grown-ups, to save his town from a centuries-old curse. But this young ghoul whisperer may find his paranormal activities pushed to their otherworldly limits.
- Rated PG.
2:00 PM Shorts & Feature Program 3
Plug & Play 20 min
- A man has created a website for humiliated men who want to get revenge of their ex, publishing naked pictures of her. He is Anonyman, but soon, some problems are going to perturb his daily life.
- Directed by Davy Sihali
On Air 96 min.
- A family dad runs the pirate radio 'Nighthawk' from the basement of his house. Every Saturday night he goes 'On Air' as Doc Rock. Unexpectedly a serial killer, the Nightslasher, calls in on his show, and now...Doc has to stop him from killing his next victim. The struggle for survival in ON...AIR!!!
- Directed by Carsten Vauth & Marco J. Riedl
4:30 PM Shorts Program 3
Casting Call 2: Actress Wanted 15 min.
- 6 actresses answers an audition for an horror film not knowing what they are getting into.
- Directed by Gary Lynch
Kiddy Kiddy Bang Bang 10 min.
- Killer twin sisters wage war on a pervert who just attacked their friend.
- Directed by Dick Jane
Muertas De Asco 18 min.
- The story of two sisters who are separated by a tragic accident. After being transformed the only way to find peace will be being reunited. Their father, lost in an surreal imaginary world, will always be waiting for them.
- Directed by Miguel G. Catalan
Night Out 13 min.
- Matt and John have a terrifying night out planned for John's wife, Darla, who is pregnant with another man's child.
- Directed by Calvin Weaver
New 2 Me 5 min.
- Music Video
- Directed by Emma Higgins
Il Filo D'Arianna 16 min.
- A couple's date takes them to the depths of a prohibited tunnel. What could go wrong?
- Directed by Abraham Michael
2 Hours 25 minutes
- A nameless survivor is ambushed and infected with the virus. A beautiful gift to the world.
- Directed by Michael Ballif
7:00 PM Shorts Program 4
Special Aerialist performance by Alia Omran
The Regret 5 min.
- The paranoia and haunting of a girl who thinks her actions led to the suicide of one of her peers.
- Franklin High School Film Challenge Entry. Directed by Sammi Mike & Jorden O'Neal
Lone 5 min.
- A boy who feels bullied by the world wishes that everyone would disappear. When he gets his wish, his inner demons "remind" him of how distasterous that would be.
- Franklin High School Film Challenge Entry. Directed by Joshua Hamilton
Corvus 10 min.
- CORVUS follows a weary yet extraordinary police detective as he pieces together a young woman's murder. The crime reveals itself in a series of moments that allow the detective to see past the facts, and into the story with a strange sense of familiarity.
- Directed by Darcy Van Poelgeest
The Photograph 5 min
- A husband must make a terrible choice when he and his wife stumble upon something horrible.
- Directed by Andrew Blankenship
Game 9 min.
- Three deadly pursuers. One terrified woman. But the rules are about to change.
- Directed by Josh MacDonald
Sweet As Candy 15 min.
- On Halloween Night, Johnny Barker does what most people do, serve pieces of candy to trick-or-treaters. However, as he does so, he reflects on painful memories while cleaning a mysterious mess on his kitchen floor.
- Directed by Cody Cameron
Stop 2 min
- A girl walks into the woods and comes out changed, but for better or for worse?
- Directed by Alanna Sowles
The Tailypo 11 min.
- "Finders keepers, losers weepers" is something Johnny and his friends say after finding a strange object in a wreckage below a bridge, but they will soon find out the consequences for taking something that does not belong to them.
- Directed by Dwight Taylor
Transcendent 35 min.
- Inspired by the visionary writings of horror author H.P. Lovecraft. Following one woman's journey to find her true place in the world; TRANSCENDENT is a different kind of "Homecoming" story.
- Directed by Mars Homeworld
Next Exit 13 min
- A young woman is given a lift home from a wedding by an apparently friendly stranger. But the mood quickly darkens leading her to a destination she could never have imagined
- Directed by Benjamin Goodger